If you watched the link from my post yesterday, you will have some idea of what the Chrono Nutrition Diet is. It’s all about eating certain things at certain times of the day. I will try to post pictures and recipes at the end of each day. Here are the “basics” of the diet. I will be listing the weights for Ron as I couldn’t find amounts for women … I just plan to try and eat at least ¼ less than he does.
Breakfast between 6:30 and 9:30 a.m.
- 120 g of all cheeses, except yoghurt and sour cream; or 140 g of cooked meats (ham, sausage, salami) maximum of meat is 3 times a week.
- 80 g of bread, fresh or toasted, whole meal, farmhouse, rye bread of bran loaf listed in preference.
- 10-15 g of normal or salted butter; or 4 eggs + bacon, maximum 5 times a week
- Water, tea, infusion, coffee (without milk or sugar, lemon accepted)
Lunch, between 12 and 1:30 p.m.
- 180 g (uncooked weight) of red meat (beef), sauce accepted; or 200 g (uncooked weight of white meat (veal, lamb, pork, chicken), sauce accepted; or 190 g of cooked meats or beef/veal offals, maximum 3 times a week; or 4 eggs prepared as you prefer; or 280 g (uncooked weight) of fish (at dinner is better), prepared as you prefer. The method of cooking all of these is up to you.
- 9 tablespoons MAXIMUM of starchy food or dry vegetables like pasta, rice, soybean, lentils, French fries, chips, split peas, chickpeas. Eat hot or cold, even with butter or salad/French dressing.
- 1 tea or infusion, coffee or water
- Possibility to add a fruit when weight is stabilized
Afternoon snack, between 5 and 6:30
Vegetable Essential Fatty Acids
- 30 g of dark chocolate; or 1 small bowl of no salted plant seeds: almonds, nuts, hazelnuts, cashew nuts, sesame …
- Some fresh fruits, equivalent in volume to a Chinese rice bowl (2 apples, or 4 apricots, 2 peaches …) NO BANANA
- Or fruit compote (180 g)
- Or 3 sorbet scoops
- Or a glass of soda or 2 large glasses of fruit juice
Dinner, one hour minimum after the afternoon snack and one hour before bedtime
- Unlimited fish or shellfishes; or 140 g MAXIMUM of chicken, turkey, duck or pork
- 9 tablespoons MAXIMUM of green vegetables, cooked or not; or unlimited green salad (except corn salad – not sure what that really means as to mean corn is not green anyway) + salad/French dressing
- 1 tea or infusion, coffee, water.
This diet also allows you to have up to 2 glasses of champagne or red wine per day plus 2 joker meals (you can eat WHATEVER YOU LIKE) per week. You just can’t have the 2 joker meals on the same day. Also, you should do some sort of exercise for at least 30 minutes 6 days a week.
I also started following www.flylady.net site this week in order to keep my house clean. One of the things she says there is to weigh yourself every day. I know that you REALLY should not do this, and I probably won’t do it every day, but I was just curious if one day on this diet had shown any results yet (pathetic aren’t I?). I am VERY pleased to announce that I lost 1 ½ pounds since yesterday morning. Most of that is probably from the bike ride last night, but I will take it!